Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our First Staycation

Matt and I have been traveling LIKE crazy the past two months. I think we have gone about 8 out of 9 weekends of either one or both of us being out of town, or having house guests. So a few weekends ago I had a work trip in St. Louis. Our plan was to have him fly out and we could explore and hang out for the weekend. The plan seemed great until it felt like we were starting to recognize the TSA people. So last minute we decided to cancel his flight and our hotel (thank you Southwest for no cancellation fees) and spend some time, just the two of us, locally. We have never done a staycation before, but we both felt that even though we weren't going to travel to St. Louis we still wanted to have a getaway and spend some quality time together...so Matt took over the planning and we had an amazing time. 

Matt booked a night for us at the Four Seasons in Las Collinas and we did a couples massage, spa and pool time, a bit of shopping and a fun picnic in the room! I don't know that I am sold on the staycation idea - only because if feels weird spending money on a hotel room when you could stay at home for free 15 miles down the road - but I love that we did it at least once and will always have that memory!

Pool time!

What a view - it was fun to see them setting up for the Byron Nelson

We stocked up at the grocery store right down the street and had the sweetest picnic on our terrace!

Room service for breakfast...SO FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment