I wanted to do a blog post to update you guys on our latest home remodel - the guest room - so I asked Matt what a good title would be and this is what we came up with. We wanted the guest room to be super welcoming and peaceful. The rest of our house is very much "us" with our paintings and travel items all over the place, darker colored walls, etc. And while I love the rest of our house, it is fun to have one room that is calm and to me feels like something you might see in Pottery Barn (but for no where NEAR the price!). Tell me what you think.
Before:
I have got to start taking before pictures. This was the only picture I had that shows the color green they had on the wall. It was yucky! We already had the bedding from my first apartment. It was such a steal. I got it for $25 when Linens and Things was going out of business. We had a bunch of shelves and picture frames that were black that we had gotten from Target, along with my $30 tall picture frame/stand (you can barely see it in the corner).
We decided to get away from blacks and browns and go with a white theme in this room. I got the picture frames above the bed for $35 TOTAL - Thank you Michaels for your 60% off frames. I bought scrapbook paper to put in the frames to set the tone for the pink/red color I wanted. The previous owners left some white paint in the garage, so Matt painted our shelved, etc white and I love how they turned out. I found the reddish pillows to match the scrapbook paper at Garden Ridge, and the sweet little nightstand at IKEA. We feel like we have a completely new room...and all for under $150. (The shelves are on the opposite side so you can't see them. I'll add a picture of them later...gotta get to work!)
No comments:
Post a Comment